We decided to call our bad weather series WEATHERPROOF and not waterproof. For two reasons:
- in order to improve every day handling the new packs all have waterproofed main chambers combined with not waterproofed features and pockets (e.g. to separately store a wet tent from your dry stuff)
- our personal experience shows that rolltops are perfectly protecting your stuff from rain in general, but they all ultimately leak when used for swimming or for instance, kayaking.
by allocating specific functions to an inner, sealed layer and an outer protective surface we could avoid most compromises which normally hinder the every day performance of waterproof gear and were even able to add some so far not available functions and features.
- no compromises regarding the design of the backpack itself: the taping of the TPU-Liner doesn't need to follow the complex structure of the seams of the (outer) pack. This strongly increases the durability of the taping as (waterproof)-taped seams are known to be the most fragile part of a waterproof pack.
- less taping is needed which reduces the risk of failure.
- we used the strongest and most durable tape for our TPU-Liners in order to guarantee a long life of your WEATHERPROOF-pack.
optimise abrasion & weight
Our TPU-Liner is absolutely waterproof, lightweight and combined with the proper fabrics and high quality tapes extremely durable. Because the membrane faces the inside of the pack we were able to reduce seams to a minimum, to optimise the radius of curved sealing tapes whilst perfectly protecting the TPU-membrane and the sealing tapes from abrasion.